Notice to Visitors
Updates on AMC visits arrangements
On Monday 16 March 2020, a Public Health Emergency was declared in the ACT as a result of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
ACT Corrective Services are closely monitoring the situation to ensure that the health and wellbeing of detainees, staff within the AMC, and the wider community is a primary focus.
As a precautionary measure, social distancing has been encouraged and as a result, ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) will be taking necessary actions required to limit the risk of infection to detainees, visitors and staff.
As at Wednesday 18 March 2020, the following precautionary steps will be implemented to ensure the safety of detainees and their visitors:
- Detainees and visitors are encouraged to consider alternative means of communications at this time and restrict personal visits to essential matters only.
- Visitors who have travelled overseas and have returned in the last 14 days should not visit the centre.
- Visitors who are experiencing any flu-like symptoms will not be allowed entry and should not visit the centre.
- To avoid transmission within the AMC, visits may need to be limited or ceased.
- ACTCS are currently exploring alternative means of communication in place of visits if these need to be limited or cancelled.
ACT Corrective Services
18 March 2020