Strategic Plan 2019-2024 – One Team, One Purpose: Supporting a Safer Community
The ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) Strategic Plan 2019 – 2024 - One Team, One Purpose: Supporting a Safer Community recognises that to achieve our mission of contributing to a safer community we must work together as an organisation and with the community. The plan was developed in consultation with staff.
One Team, One Purpose: Supporting a Safer Community is aimed at delivering the following key outcomes for the ACT community:
- improved community safety;
- reduced reoffending;
- improved opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration;
- safe, secure and humane environments;
- skilled, professional, resilient and valued workforce; and
- improved and targeted service delivery for vulnerable and overrepresented cohorts.
One Team, One Purpose: Supporting a Safer Community establishes four pillars for the progression of the Strategic Plan over five years that align with the strategic priorities of the Justice and Community Safety Directorate:
- Safety - Maintaining community safety is our utmost priority;
- Reintegration - Supporting offenders to positively change their lives is our focus;
- Dignity - Treating people with humanity, dignity, and respect is our mandate; and
- Excellence - Developing organisational capacity and capability, and ensuring continuous improvement is our commitment.
Our Strategic Plan supports the ACT Government’s commitment to reduce recidivism by 25% by 2025.